Wood Group – Kuala Lumpur
· Provide on-site first-aid care for all injured and ill personnel on the installation or vessel.
· Initiate on-site treatment of illness, which may include acute medical and surgical conditions requiring immediate skilled treatment.
· Arrange, in conjunction with shore-based medical services, for the continued treatment and further care of ill or injured people. While minor ailments may be treated on the offshore installation or vessel, some conditions may involve sending the person ashore.
· The offshore medic should be able to carry out resuscitation and stabilise a patient before evacuation ashore.
· Undertakes any required regular health testing /monitoring (e.g. noise) required as per agreed frequencies.
· Manage operation of offshore clinic.
· Maintains serviceability and cleanliness of vessel’s hospital.
· Keeps an accurate inventory of medical supplies and makes orders as necessary.
· Acts as medical liaison to shore-based medical facilities.
· Directly reports all injuries and illnesses to the OIM/Captain and Safety Officer.
· Maintains current medical records for all rig personnel.
· Notifies Department Heads of department-related injuries and illnesses.
· Advises OIM/Captain of medical emergency procedures, including emergency evacuation procedures.
· Monitors food storage facilities, maintaining hygiene and temperature requirements.
· Food handling and catering assurance to ensure the workplaces and environment are conducive to good health.
· Performs regular testing of water and filtration units.
· Focal point for health education/promotions.
· Maintaining control of dangerous drugs.
· Liaison with the OIM on personnel health and medication needs.
· Hygiene and health issues concerning the accommodation.
· To support the SAP management processes system.
· Provide necessary information & records in Support of SAP requirements to accurately identify and source stores as required.
· Liaise with SAP Planner to assure stores are available as identified for work orders in SAP.
· Ensure the delivery of material is achieved to meet company targets.
· Reviewing requisitions with view to maximizing the utilization of stock material and reduction of inventory.
· Expediting priority material.
· Complying with all applicable procedures and Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
· Receipt of all spares and consumables purchased or hired for use on the FSO.
· Identification of recurring problems and issues and provision of feedback for continuous improvement.
· Co-ordination of the storage and distribution materials to and from the installation.
· Oversee and maintain warehouse area to good housekeeping practices with attention to EHS standards and procedures.
· To be a member of HLO (Helicopter Landing Officer) during helicopter operation.
· Daily communications with vessels, aircraft & personnel.
· Recording of all personnel movements.
· Support helideck crew / functions.
· Emergency Team Duties – effective communications with vessels and aircraft with outside agencies.
· Maintain records of all vessels/aircraft within 500 metres of platform and satellites in the field operating area.
· Liaison with logistics cell with regards to helicopter /marine movements.
· Management of portable helideck radios and walkie-talkie sets at the location.
· Provide general administrative support as required.
· Shall have at least three (3) years of working experience post-graduation with:
o Minimum of one (1) year experience in an emergency unit, trauma unit or similar settings within the last 3 years; or
o At least two (2) year of working experience as an offshore medic.
· Shall have Valid Basic Life Support Certificates.
· Shall have valid certification in Trauma Life Support or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or
Advanced Life Support (ALS).
· A minimum Diploma in Nursing or Diploma in Medical Assistant.
· Hold a valid Annual Practicing Certificate (APAC).
· Shall be registered as a Medical Assistant with the Board of Medical Assistants, Ministry of Health, Malaysia or registered as a Registered Nurse with
the Nursing Board, Ministry of Health Malaysia.
· OPITO Approved BOSIET with CA-EBS, HUET and MIST.
· Must have completed a Current Offshore Medics Course, (or similar); be familiar with remote postings for the oil and gas industry and have relevant
experience working offshore; have appropriate nursing or military nursing experience and be familiar with helicopter administration.
Medics must have completed their approved training at an appropriate approved facility.
· Knowledge of HAVs, Asbestos and Noise Competence is advantageous.
· Manual Handling Training.
· Current Medical Fitness Certificate for Offshore Work.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry at least 3 years work experience as an Offshore Radio Operator.
· At least SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) qualification or equivalent.
· Possess a valid medical passport, HUET/BOSET.
· Possess a valid Global Marine Distress Signal System (GMDSS) Certificate.
· Conversant with all International, National and Company Telecommunications Operating Procedures an Regulations and aware of all indications/alterations to and deletions from such procedures and regulations (preferred but not essential).
· Experience in coordinating emergency telephone calls for emergency situations such as offshore medical evacuation, drill and real emergency situation.
· Experience in handling radio communication with offshore vessels and helicopters.
· Good spoken and written English and Malay with a high level of communication skills in both written and spoken format.
· Strong administration / organisation skills and computer literate.
· Strong computer and database skills including MS Excel and Word.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 137292 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.