Wood Group – Lafayette, LA .US
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing an Electrician A to join our team in the Gulf of Mexico. The successful candidate will be required to undertake by operations by maintaining all electrical equipment including safety systems
This position will report directly to the hiring manager.
*At this time, we will only consider applications from U.S. citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Supervises “B” Electricians and I&E Techs for safe and efficient operations and assist with technical problems where needed.
- Assists in operations by maintaining all electrical equipment including safety systems.
- Receives written, diagrammatic, and/or verbal instructions and determines appropriate actions for all work performed.Prepares written work orders for other personnel to complete repair, maintenance, installation and testing task.
- Replaces faulty wiring and electrical components such as relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards and position sensing devices.
- Maintains current technical knowledge of government and company policies, codes and regulations.
- Prepares written or computer-generated purchase orders when necessary, maintains proper levels of equipment inventories.
- Responsible for following safety procedures and maintain safety data.
- May be required to travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
- May be required to reside at worksite on a predetermined work schedule.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Required electrical experience on an oil and gas production platform
Work schedule of 14×14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 137418 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.
Click to apply.