Wood Group – Kuala Lumpur
· Support helideck crew / functions
· Liaison with logistics with regards to helicopter /marine movements
· Management of portable helideck radios and walkie-talkie sets at the location
· Provide general administrative support as required
· Support and improve team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices
· Adopt a flexible working attitude to provide support across all departments
· Create, maintain & enhance effective working relations
· Maintain effective communication with all work colleagues at all levels
· Willing to work additions hours (and normal working hours) as and when required
· Ensure all work is conducted in full compliance with relevant EHS policy
· Report all emergencies, accidents and incidents to the Operations Room.
· Carry out Emergency Response duties in accordance with Company requirements.
· Participate in Process Safety Management activities
· Ensure all JSA’s (Job Safety Analysis) are reviewed and understood
· Liaise with the Onshore Technical Support as required
· Ensure a safe place of work by complying with Permit to Work (PTW)
· Provide OTJ (On-the-Job Training) for less experienced team members
· Willing member of the emergency response team
· Maintain a high degree of EHS awareness
· Be familiar with and follow the Life Saving Rules at all times
· Actively participate and support all EHS plans, initiatives and improvements
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the oil & gas industry
At least 3 years work experience as an Offshore Radio Operator
At least SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) qualification or equivalent
Possess a valid medical passport, HUET/BOSET
Possess a valid Global Marine Distress Signal System (GMDSS) Certificate
Conversant with all International, National and Company Telecommunications Operating Procedures an Regulations and aware of all indications/alterations to and deletions from such procedures and regulations (preferred but not essential)
Knowledge in operating VHF/UFF/HF radio systems
Knowledge in oil and gas EHS
Experience in coordinating emergency telephone calls for emergency situations such as offshore medical evacuation, drill and real emergency situation
Experience in handling radio communication with offshore vessels and helicopters
Maintain records of all vessels/aircraft within 500 metres of platform and satellites
Maintain records of Telecom Operations and Emergency Log Book
Emergency Team Duties – effective communications with vessels and aircraft
Daily communications with vessels, aircraft & personnel
Recording of all personnel movements
Good spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia
Strong computer skills including MS Excel, Word and Project
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 137290 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood Group.