Reporting to the Overall EPM, the role of Vessel Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing Engineering work required for the assigned projects in a way that ensures the safe, timely, efficient and profitable delivery of high quality engineering to meet the project requirements. You will define the overall design concept, and establish engineering schedule and manpower plan to ensure work is completed in accordance with the overall project schedule. You will contribute to the successful delivery of project by ensuring the work performed is in full compliance with relevant Client Specifications and Contract Requirements, applicable Codes and Standards, any National Laws or Regulations, and applicable Classification Society Rules, without excessive over-design and in accordance to SBM Quality System requirements. You will particularly focus on SBM’s FPSO & Floating LNG products and projects.
In order to achieve this, you are accountable to:
- Define all engineering tasks and activities to be performed in the project
- Prepare engineering planning for the project and identify key milestones for engineering plan
- Develop manpower plan for the engineering work to achieve the project engineering schedule
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with all key stakeholders including Project Manager, Procurement Manager and Construction Manager assigned to the project
Our preferred candidate for the role of Vessel Engineering Project Manager has a Bachelor’s in Engineering, combined with 12 or more years of relevant working experience with converted and/ or new-built FPSO or any floating structures, ideally with Proposal, FEED and EPC experience.
In addition to this, you have:
- Strong knowledge and proven expertise in either Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or Offshore Engineering
- Good grasp of disciplines related to Vessel/ Hull Engineering
- Good understand of interfaces between Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Commissioning
- Proficient knowledge of Classification Societies & Regulatory Regimes requirements
- Good leadership and management skills of a multi-cultural and multi discipline team
- RINA, SNAME, or IMarEST membership would be advantageous
You can forward your application to SBM.email@example.com