TomTom – Kuala Lumpur
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Would you like contribute in designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals?Where do you want to be?We are looking for the best and brightest minds in industry to join TomTom. The experience and future opportunities will include
- As part of TomTom’s global Mobile Mapping team with and Asia Pacific (APAC) focus your primary role will be providing technical support and troubleshooting to the APAC Mobile Mapping Operators along with opportunities in the development and deployment of new Mobile Mapping Technologies
- Document and execute the assembly of Mobile Mapping systems and the service process of Mobile Mapping Systems,
- Provide mobile mapping operators with efficient technical support, (hardware, software and theoretical support)
- Provide training services and expertise to Mobile Mapping Operators
- Work with the global Mobile Mapping engineering to develop and deploy new technologies
- Work with the global Mobile Mapping engineering team to develop preventative maintenance programs and strategies to maximize Mobile Mapping up time,
- Work with the latest in Mobile Mapping technologies including, camera systems, LiDAR systems GPS systems, GIS systems and the associated IT infrastructure,
- Assist Mobile Mapping Manager in managing technology deployment, support services and training services for the APAC mobile mapping operations,
- Work with other business departments from other global offices to deliver on collective project objectives
- Work closely with other Departments to discuss new proposed processes, process KPI’s, root cause analysis etc.,
- Report to line manager based in Sydney Australia,
- Work in a result-oriented way and try to optimize our efforts to bring most value in given timeline
- Exposure to GIS, field surveying and mapping technologies and processes from other business departments,
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/electronics /Surveying/GIS
- 1-2 years of experience either electronics engineering/IT (Hardware focus)/surveying
- 1-2 years’ experience in IT support /customer support role in an electronics service industry
- Experience in providing remote support
- Training delivery experience highly desirable
- Experience in developing processes & procedures and subsequent documentation
- Preferred multi-cultural cooperation experience
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with people from many cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of process improvement/ management experience
- Ready to travel abroad occasionally (once in 2 months on average)
- Fluency in English
- Desirable experience with GPS & surveying equipment, GIS and Mapping, flied surveying.
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a dynamic team with a world-class brand
- Market rate salary & benefits (depending on experience)
- A challenging, fast moving and innovate work environment
Who are we?Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices.Our business consists of four customer facing business units Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Business Solutions.Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 36 countries. For further information, please visit http://www.tomtom.comInterested?If you would like to be part of this winning team and would like to help us further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply today!We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.
Click here to apply.