Expedia Inc. – Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Market Associate Internships
Enterprising. Innovative. Passionate –Expedia revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world.
About Expedia’s Global Market Management:
“Bringing Home the Goods!”For us, sales is an ongoing relationship, something to treasure and take pride in. We challenge ourselves every day. Our Global Market Management team is dedicated to developing partnerships with hotels around the world to deliver best-in-class booking options for our global travelers. Our goal is to help our partners do better business. We are not simply selling a product; we’re nurturing long-term, mutually beneficial relationships. Our sales team believes trust and value have the biggest impact on the company’s bottom line.
Job Description: “Market Associate Intern”
The Market Associate is responsible for maximizing revenues for both Expedia Inc. & key hotel partners in the assigned region. This role is internally facing, and also focuses on supporting the Market Management team through business projects and initiative implementation leveraged to improve product competitiveness and support productive revenue generation efforts in the region they support.There will be three main components to this Internship Program:1. Training: various training sessions, inclusive of business skills training and Expedia-specific trainings2. Project: the project will be assigned within the first 2 weeks of the internship. Interns will be asked to complete the assignment and make a presentation during the last few weeks of the program.3. Understanding Daily Tasks: learn, understand, and experience first-handedly the daily tasks of Expedia’s Lodging Partner Services, Market Management
Required Skills & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree; major in tourism or hospitality a plus but not required- 0-2 years of experience
– Performance is evaluated and measured based on KPI metrics set by LPS leadership teamDrive for Results
– High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, team player
– Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
– Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations- Ability to multi-task effectively; must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beatRelationship Management
– Sincere relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative styleSolution Alignment- Demonstrate ability to work based on a variety of KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership team
– Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision makingWritten & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing- Proficiency in English. Other language skills may be required depending on the location of the position- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
– Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channelsBuild & Maintain Teams
– Able to work independently as well as be a strong team player, ensuring the whole team wins
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Click here to apply.