McKinsey & Company Company – Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia
We are looking for outstanding individuals with at least 6 years of strong industry experience, gained in a blue-chip energy company, consulting firm or service provider, in the Downstream Oil & Gas business (refining and integrated petrochemicals) as well as in the marketing and distribution of products derived from crude oil and natural gas.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates with experience in one of the below areas:
- LP (Linear Programming) planning, scheduling and optimization: you will be familiar with LP modeling in different environments such as PIMS, RPMS, etc.
- Process engineering: you will have experience in process unit operations in refinery and petrochemicals (e.g., distillation, thermal conversion, hydrocracking, catalytic cracking, aromatics, olefins, polymers, utilities, etc.); you will have expertise in optimizing plant operations, running process simulation models or designing and executing small projects
- Maintenance and reliability engineering: you will be familiar with maintenance scope definition and execution, maintenance processes, reliability centered maintenance, turnaround management, etc.
- Marketing, sales and distribution: you will have worked in account management, channel management, market analysis etc. for petroleum or petrochemical products
- Excellent academic qualifications (preferably Engineering for technical roles)
- Post-graduate qualifications in business advantageous
- You must demonstrate strong business insight, impressive career development, and a track record of outstanding performance
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required
- You will have a passion for delivering client impact through leveraging and building on deep expertise in your area
Who You’ll Work With
Petroleum Asset Excellence (PAX), a new venture within our Oil & Gas practice, will increase Upstream and Downstream asset value and turnaround operational performance. Our technical expertise, combined with specialized skills such as Linear Programming, Process Engineering and Maintenance & Reliability Engineering, allows us to integrate with an existing asset team to maximise the intrinsic value of an asset.As part of this expansion we are looking for talented Specialists (Associates & Managers) with technical Downstream (Refining and Petrochemicals) expertise to join the PAX team. You will be based in Southeast Asia out of either our Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Bangkok, Hanoi, Manila, Perth or Sydney office
What You’ll DoAs a member of the PAX family, and a fully integrated part of the wider McKinsey, you will deliver significant impact by applying your industry experience to support clients directly, or by providing expertise and support to our client teams. Your specific contributions will vary depending on your skills and experience, but could include:
Client engagement work:
- Work as a team member for specific client (Oil & Gas) operations, transformation and improvement programs with direct contact to key members of client organization
- Provide analytical support to teams, through the development and application of our proprietary Oil & Gas models
- Work closely with client executives, traditional McKinsey client service teams (“CSTs”), and sector teams to develop recommendations based on the findings
- Drive implementation and change
Client development work:
- Participate in client development for both current and new clients (e.g., meetings/workshops on topics of interest)
- Write proposals for new client engagements
Knowledge building and knowledge transfer:
- Participate in or lead key internal knowledge-building initiatives
- Participate in and contribute to practice conferences and workshops
- Oil & Gas
Click here to apply.